Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nanci is back!

Again I didn't write all week.

Nanci is home from her trip to GA. Her flight going out was great. However, the return flight didn't go as planned. Her plane left Atlanta on time and was scheduled to land in the Springs at 8:45 pm. The flight app I have on my iphone said the flight was early and would land at 8:13 pm. So, Tina and I arrived at the airport at about 8 o'clock and parked in the "Cell Phone Waiting Area" Well at 8:40 or so we gave up on that app and went online with my phone and went to the Delta Airlines website. The site showed that the arrival was delayed twice and then re-routed. It's now about 9 o'clock. I called the 800 number for the airline and they said the plan was unable to land because of ground conditions (it was foggy) and the plan was in Denver and would return to the Springs at 11:30 pm. OK, now it's 9:30 and Tina and I headed home for a couple of hours. Nanci called as we where leaving the airport and while I was talking to her (she is sitting in the plan on the runway in Denver) they announced they would shuttle them to the Springs on a bus. Tina and I went home and had something to eat and hung out for a while. Nanci called at midnight or so and said they are on the bus. Tina and I went to my work to kill some time placing towing stickers on cars illegally parked in my lot from the bar. The bus finally got to the Springs airport at 1:11 am. Nanci had to work the next day from open to close. She was not feeling well either, she had a bad cold. I was off the next day and took her to work. She was feeling worse by noon and left at 2:30 to go home. She went strait to bed and slept for several hours. That was last night. She felt a little better today. She had to open this morning. It's Sunday and I usually take her to work on Sunday's and hang out at the library in Castle Rock. That is where I'm at now. The store closes at 6.

Lori, Chris and the kids (except Lemon Head he was at other grandmas) came to our house to wash clothes yesterday. I got to spend some time with the kids. Kairi was being cute (as usual) and I have a couple of videos of her talking to me. My phone will not let me email them because they are too big. So, if I can get them off my phone I'll post them here.

No comments: