Tina a several interviews over the last 2 weeks and she was offered a position at a mobile home park in Monument CO. It's about a 15 or 20 minute drive from the house. I can't remember the name of it right now. She is working 4pm to 8pm M-F. She calls leads to invite them to a presentation to join the RV park. She likes it so far. She does work with a very large woman that has been there for 10 years and "knows it all". However, Friday was Tina's 3 day and everyone went to the owners house for Dinner when she got to work. The owners house is on the property and only 30 or 40 yards from the building where Tina's office is located. She was able to meet the owners, the cook and a few other people that work there. They even offered her a beer! She is only 20 so had to pass. But, still... what a laid back place! She said they have 4 live bands that are scheduled to play this summer.
Nanci was offered an assistant managers position with See's Candy. It's kind of a weird situation so far. She fist had a phone interview with the DM, then an in person interview with him. Then she had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Next she had a "meet and greet" with the Store Manager. During all this she had to go shop the store 2 times and report to the DM what she thought. After all that, the DM called her and offered her the position. She said she wanted to talk it over with me and she would get back to him. In the meantime he called Ging as a reference and was unable to get a hold of her old DM from the Body Shop. He then calls Nanci back and said he was having doubts about hiring her. He thought she should have called him back right away after meeting with the Store Manager and seemed upset that he was unable to get in touch with her old DM. Also, he wanted her to call him at 10:30 on Friday morning and she didn't call him right at that time. He was not understanding that she was at work and had to call when she had the chance to. So, he said he would talk to her on Monday. It seems to me he is new at being a DM and is a little overwhelmed.
I read a book my doctor suggested called "The Abs Diet". I have started it about 2 weeks ago and although I don't know how much weight I've lost, I can wear pants and shirts I have not been able to wear in a long time. Also, I feel better and have more energy!
No comments:
Post a Comment