Saturday, December 18, 2010

Kairi goes to the mall and Tina's Car Dies

Last night Nanci had to work. So, Tina, Kairi and I went to the Park Meadows Mall. Kairi had a blast in the Apple Store playing with the ipad and playing games on the Mac station for kids. She looked at kitchens for kids in the Pottery Barn for Kids store. The highlight of the evening was when we ran into Pat Carter in the food court at the Outlet Mall in Castle Rock. Kairi in her cute and very loud little 3 year old voice looks at Pat and says: "Merry Flippin' Christmas, You Jack Wagon!" Everyone in the food court was looking right at her. We went outside and laughed so hard I all most cried.

This morning Nanci was heading to work on I-25 in Tina's car when she heard a loud whistling noise then a boom! The car filled with steam from the heater vents. She had to roll down the windows to be able to see. She pulled over and called me. She was on the off ramp to Monument. I picked her up and took her to work and called Klaus Towing to pick it up and take it to Hutch's shop. Looks like the serpentine belt came off and the water pump stopped, it over heated and blew a hose. I hope it's going to be a cheep and easy fix.

I received the check from mom's bank in Lincoln today. Still, I have not heard from anyone. I'm going to wait until after the first of the year to divide up the coins and will just mail them.

No comments: