So I get a couple of messages this week from my sister Patty. She says she wants to meet me so she can get the coins from me to take back to Lincoln. I'm still not sure I want to let her have them. I need to do what mom told me to do with them. I seem to be the only one that is following her wishes. In her last message to me she said she was doing me a favor and she is on my side. She said Dick has an attorney and is putting a freeze on my estate, and that "we are all getting served with papers". Not sure who "we" are. She said she wanted to pick up the coins and take them back to Lincoln to save me from having the "authorities" come to my house and get them.
I may be wrong here but, the way I see it I not only had premission from mom to take them but was directed to. I didn't take them without anyones knowledge, I told Dick at the hospital on Saturday that I was stopping by the house and getting the box mom wanted me to take if anything happened to her and Lori wanted to take a photo album to scan in the photos. He said he was not sure where the box was since they had to rearrange the dining room to make room for mom's walker. I seen him the next day at the hospital and he just asked if Lori found the album she was looking for. Also, at the time I removed the contents of the box mom was still alive and this was not part of her "estate". Also, if the "authorities" are coming to get this stuff, I would think they will need an inventory list of the contents.
And what about all the other instructions from mom on what to with some of her stuff? She sat down with me several times and went through her jewelery box. She showed me her seven diamond rings that go to the seven granddaughters. And the diamond bracelet that goes to her friend Arty. Not to mention what she waned done with her ashes!
I have been begging Dick to get a will for both of them. He wouldn't listen to me! Anytime anyone (especially me) tries to get him to do something, he assumes they are "out to get something from him". He always thinks that "they are up to something". He has been this way since I've known him. I even sent him the application form for PrePaid Legal. The will is free with a membership. He could have signed up for just one month and got the will done, and would have only cost him about $20! I think he was afraid that would take away his power to do what he wanted with mom's stuff. Pisses me off! So, now he's getting an attorney and spending how much to try and control the mess he created?
No comments:
Post a Comment