Wow, yesterday and today both where very warm. In the 60's here in the Springs and Denver hit a new high temp of 70 today and beat the record high of 69 in 1924.
I received mom's death certificate in the mail at end of last week. I just opened it last night. Not sure why I waited, guess I just was worried about seeing it on paper. It's hard, I find myself thinking about her in every spare moment. Good memories though!
I was waiting for the death certificate to fax to the bank in Lincoln to close her accounts. I'm listed as the sole beneficiary. I faxed the bank all the info today. I just hope someone in Lincoln does what mom wanted with all her stuff. I'm wondering what they did with her ashes? She wanted them spread over the Railroad Tracks. The Railroad played a big part in her life growing up. Her dad, Don Shirey worked for the Burlington Railroad all his life. He started at the Burlington shops when he was 13 I think. Once a week he ran to the bank for payroll on his bicycle carrying a shotgun! There are many stories about Grandpa working at the shops.
I'm going to try to dedicate at least 15 minutes to writing each night. I have 2 other blogs to update as well. I think it will be a good outlet.
I signed up for an account at a new website I read about in Forbes magazine the other day. It's called 1000memories.com. It's Facebook for the dead. Mom's link is 1000memories.com/donna-carman Lori also started one for Nanci's dad, the link to his is 1000memories.com/william-satterthwaite
No comments:
Post a Comment