I didn't get on here all week. We had really bad weather yesterday. It started out a nice day, sun shine and a little chilly. By 2 in the afternoon it was snowing. By 3 there where dozens of streets closed do to accidents. Many 20 car or more pile ups. There was an 8 minute video posted on Facebook.com taken at about 3pm on Carefree and Powers. It was a great video of a 20+ car pile up while it happened. Nanci just told me it made CNN! I left work at 3 and got home at 5. It's normally about a 20 minute drive. I had to detour several times. When I was done I probably went 12 miles to get home. It's only about a 4 mile trip. The worst part was I was driving my 93 benz. It had new tires! But, the fan for the heater/AC quit working end of last winter. The temp was 12 degrees! The windows where pretty fogged over and I froze my ass off. But, unlike many people, I made it home!
Luckily, Nanci and I both had the day off today. We had planned to take Kairi to Boulder to go shopping. Instead we took her to Costco. She had fun and got some stuff too.
I received a letter from an attorney in Lincoln yesterday. It was just a copy of the announcement in the legal paper in Lincoln. Basically it stated that anyone that wanted to make a claim on any of mom's stuff need to present it to the court by February 22, I think. Dick is suck an ass! So, I'm thinking of asking for mom's recipes, any photos and the malt machine. Who knows what is left in the house. Patty tried calling me this week. I am just not comfortable talking to her yet.
Chris's dad, Henry England had a stroke today. They flew him to Denver for surgery. Chris's mom and Chris are going to Denver tomorrow to see him. Sounds like it was pretty mild. Hope he is doing OK.
I need to start spending some scheduled time on my photography. It is so enjoyable and I love doing it. I just have not spent the time I want to with it. I would love to buy some new equipment. I need to schedule a couple of hours a week min. to spend on it. I also need to spend some time upgrading my ham license. The study guide I have for the current exam will expire in a few months. Again, I just need to schedule some time to study. I really enjoyed volunteering for ham events. It is very rewarding, and a hell of a lot of fun!
We got Tina's car back this week. The water pump, serpentine belt and heater core ran us $1120. But, it's a great car for Nanci to use to drive to and from Castle Rock in the winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment